New Year, New Job!
19/12/2019 - Spider
The New Year can be a great time to plan, set some goals and think about the direction your life or business might take. Often high up on the list is a new job or a change of career, which means preparation needs to start early to ensure as a business you get the cream of the crop. Spider shares a few tips to help you to prepare for recruitment in 2020.
Compose job descriptions for any roles you’d like to fill in the first quarter of the year.
- Research salaries for the positions to ensure that when you advertise you are competitive.
- Have a recruitment process in place, so that the procedure is slick and enables you to act quickly should a great candidate come along.
- Think about how you’re going to recruit and where. Are you going to place your own adverts or are you going to use an agency to support you?
- Have a recruitment process in place, including interview format and questions.
And if you’re looking to change jobs in 2020, you should be looking to:
- Get your CV completely up to date, so that you’re ready and raring to go.
- Update your Linkedin profile.
- Ensure your social media accounts show you in a favourable light or revise your privacy settings so that posts aren’t widely visible.
- Compile a list of companies you’d really like to work for and either send your CV to them or speak to a credible recruiter who can do the hard work for you.
- Sign up to the job boards for notifications of jobs that suit your skills.
If you’re looking to recruit or change your job in 2020, please contact Spider for a no-obligation chat on 01473 276146 or visit the website
All articles on this news site are submitted by registered contributors of SuffolkWire. Find out how to subscribe and submit your stories here »